Matzah (Matzo) BallsEdit
- Chop seasonings very fine, then fry in oil.
- When clear, add cup of boiling water; then cool a few minutes.
- Add matzo meal, well beaten egg yolks, then fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Form into small balls and drop into boiling chicken soup or you can drop them into boiling salted water.
- Cover pot and simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until puffed up and done.
- In a large stock pot, cover hen with water, add above ingredients and boil until very tender.
- Allow chicken to cool in the liquid, then remove chicken and reserve for some other future use.
- Strain remaining broth and discard the cooked vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked matzo balls and thoroughly heat them or drop uncooked matzo balls into broth following directions on the matzo ball recipe.